By Appointment Only
Cindy Elz, Town Administrator's Office
355 East Central Street, 3rd Floor
Franklin, MA 02038
Monday 8:45 am -2:45 PM
Wednesday 10:15 am -5:15 PM
Friday 8:15 am -12:15 PM
(No Appts. between 12:30-2:00)
The Town of Franklin is an official passport acceptance agency.
- We accept applications for NEW passports by APPOINTMENTS ONLY. See days and times listed above.
- Routine processing is taking 4-8 weeks and expedited is 2-3 weeks.
Please have the following items with you at your appointment:
- DS-11 (2013 version) filled out in black ink and do not sign until in the presence of the acceptance agent
- Long-form birth certificate with raised seal showing both parents' names
- Most recent passport (if you have one)
- One passport photo
- Driver's license (if minor, driver's licenses for both parents required)
- Under 16 years of age, both parents must be present or parent that cannot come in must complete form DS-3053 with copy of driver's license back and front
- Between the ages of 16 and 17, only one parent required to come with child
- Two checks are required: 1.) $25 execution fee (per passport) cash or check payable to the Town of Franklin. 2.) Check payable to the Department of State. Checks can be personal, bank check or money order. Visit Department of State website for forms and current fee schedule. US Passports Information
- Minor is required to appear in person
Please call with questions prior to your appointment and remember to be prompt!
**Passport RENEWALS are done on your own by mailing by Priority Mail so you can track it. For information regarding whether or not you are eligible for a renewal, click here.