Franklin Cultural Council Mission
The mission of the Franklin Cultural Council (FCC) is to encourage participation and enhance opportunities for enrichment in the cultural arts and sciences throughout our community. Comprised of committed residents, the FCC meets monthly with the purpose of supporting events and programs through grants from the Town of Franklin and the Massachusetts Cultural Council.
Council Priorities & Grant Guidelines
The Franklin Cultural Council gives priority to grant applications for projects and programs held within the Town of Franklin and from new applicants and projects.
In addition, the following criteria must be met:
- Applicant's project must be clearly related to the arts, humanities, history or interpretive sciences.
- Applicant's project must provide adequate public benefit for the Franklin community and provide adequate public access. Explanation of handicap accessibility of the venue must be included in application.
- Applicant must have a clear, written commitment of location and date of event from sponsoring organization or venue.
- Funding for applicant's project must not substitute for or replace other public funding of programs in the arts, humanities, history or interpretive sciences.
- Franklin Cultural Council funds are not intended to be used as the sole source of funding of projects.
- Ticket prices for events will be taken into consideration during grant approval process and must be included in your application.
- Acknowledgement of Franklin Cultural Council support must be given during the program or project and verification of such must be provided for grant payout.