Our Health & Wellness Program is administered by our Wellness Nurse, Trisha Collatos. Trisha provides weekly health screening of blood pressure, blood sugar, home visits, fall prevention programs, wellness programs and ongoing health education.
- Wellness Clinics Schedule:
Wednesdays, 8:30 - 11:00 a.m.
Thursdays, 8:30 a.m.– 12:00 p.m.
The following screening and services are offered:
- Blood Pressure Testing
- Blood Sugar Testing
- Pulse Oximeter Testing, which measures heart rate and the oxygen level in your blood. (An important test for people with COPD, Congestive Heart Failure, asthma and other conditions.)
- Body weights
- Medication Management
- FALL PREVENTION: A prime focus of our Wellness program includes prevention of dangerous falls which can lead to serious injury or fatality for older adults. We offer classes as well Gait Assessments and the Safe & Secure at Home Program noted below.
- SAFE & SECURE AT HOME PROGRAM is an award-winning program focused on pre venting falls and the serious consequences they cause. Our Wellness Nurse evaluates elders’ home environments to determine if the risk for dangerous falls can be ad dressed. Based on this evaluation, home modifications may include installation of adaptive devices such as grab bars, raised toilet seats, and shower chairs. Moving clutter, changing light bulbs, installing smoke detectors, removing or repairing loose rugs, or re moving architectural barriers may also be recommended.
- FITNESS ACTIVITIES offered at the Senior Center include: Chair Exercises, Cardio, Tone & Stretch, Zumba, Tai Chi, Chair Yoga, Line Dancing, Chair Volleyball, a Walking Club and Bocce. These are offered at affordable rates of between $2 to $3 per session.
- Other Health & Wellness activities at the Senior Center include:
- PODIATRY CLINIC
- LOW VISION TRAINING & SUPPORT GROUP
- TOPS WEIGHT LOSS SUPPORT GROUP
- CAREGIVERS SUPPORT GROUP
- MEDITATION CLASSES
- MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELING
- ANNUAL FLU CLINIC