Applicants Under 16 years Old
**All Passport applicants under 16 must apply in person.
How to apply:
Complete Form DS-11.
- Provide one of the following U.S. Citizen documents for your child (Must be Original or Certified Copy):
- Valid, Undamaged U.S. Passport (May be expired)
- U.S. Birth Certificate (must have both parents names, date filed, and seal)
- Certificate of Birth Abroad
- Citizenship Certificate
- Present proof of parental relationship for the minor (birth certificate may count as evidence of both citizenship and relationship)
- Parents or Guardians must present one of the following IDs:
- In State, Valid drivers License
- Valid or Expired undamaged passport
- Certificate of Naturalization or Citizenship
- Government employee ID
- U.S. Military ID
- Valid foreign Passport
* If you present an out-of-state ID, you must provide an additional ID.
**If Both Parents cannot be present for the appointment one parent can give permission by completing Form DS-3053 “Statement of Consent.” You must submit the completed form with the application. The non-appearing parent must:
- Sign and Date in the presence of a certified notary public, and
- Submit a photocopy of the front and back of the ID that they present to the notary public.
- Provide a Photo
- AAA, CVS, and Walgreens offer Passport Photo Service
- For a list of Photo requirements click here.
- Bring 2 Checks (Bank, Personal or Money orders are accepted- No Debit or Credit)
- One will be made payable to the Department of State and the second with be made payable to the Town of Franklin
Application Fee (Dept. Of State)
Execution Fee (Town of Franklin)
Passport Book & Card
*For a list of fees for other forms or services click here.