You may renew by mail if your most recent passport meets all of these requirements:
- Is submitted with your application
- Is Undamaged (other than normal wear and tear)
- Was issued when you were age 16 or older
- Was issued within the last 15 years
- Was issued in your current name (or you can document your name change with an original or certified copy of your marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order)
How to apply:
- Complete Form DS-82.
- Submit your most recent passport with your application(your old passport book and/or card will be returned to you in a separate mailing from your passport)
- Include Name Change Documents (if applicable)
- Marriage Certificate
- Divorce Decree
- Court-ordered name change document
(Name change documents will be returned to you in a separate mailing from your passport)
- Attach one photo to the application
- AAA, CVS, and Walgreens offer Passport Photo Service
- For a list of Photo requirements click here.
- Include your fees in the form or Personal check or Money order.
Application Fee (Dept. Of State)
Passport Book & Card
- Make Checks or Money orders payable to the “U.S. Department of State”
- Print full name and date of birth of the applicant on the front in the memo section of the check or money order
*For a list of fees for other forms or services click here.
- Mail Completed Application with photo, fees, most recent passport and any other documents needed through USPS Priority mail so you are able to track the package.