Franklin Cultural Council Mission
The mission of the Franklin Cultural Council (FCC) is to encourage participation and enhance opportunities for enrichment in the cultural arts and sciences throughout our community. Comprised of committed residents, the FCC meets monthly with the purpose of supporting events and programs through grants from the Town of Franklin and the Massachusetts Cultural Council.
FCC Council Priorities
For FY19, the Franklin Cultural Council will give priority to grant applications for projects and programs that meet one or more of the following:
- are held within the Town of Franklin and/or are of the greatest benefit to Franklin residents
- engage girls in STEM
- are for events within the boundaries of the new Franklin Cultural District
- are from new applicants and/or for new projects
In addition, the following criteria must be met:
- Applicant's project must be clearly related to the arts, humanities, civics, history or interpretive sciences.
- Applicant's project must provide adequate public benefit for the Franklin community and provide adequate public access. Explanation of handicap accessibility of the venue must be included in application.
- Applicant must have a clear, written commitment of location and date of event from sponsoring organization or venue.
- Funding for applicant's project must not substitute for or replace other public funding of programs in the arts, humanities, civics, history or interpretive sciences.
- Franklin Cultural Council funds are not intended to be used as the sole source of funding for projects.
- Ticket prices for events will be taken into consideration during grant approval process and must be included in your application.
- Acknowledgement of Franklin Cultural Council support must be given during the program or project and verification of such must be provided for grant payout.