We are pleased to announce that the Franklin Public Library will be re-opening for in-person hours beginning on Monday, March 22nd! Our hours will be as follows:
- Monday: 1 - 4 pm
- Tuesday 1 - 4 pm
- Wednesday 1 - 4 pm
- Thursday: 4 - 8 pm (Senior hour 3 - 4 pm)
- Friday 1 - 4 pm
- Saturday 1 - 4pm
Curbside services will continue with pick up hours as follows:
- Monday - Thursday 10am - 8pm
- Friday - Saturday 10am - 5pm
All returns still must be placed in the outside book drop prior to entering the building. Items will continue to be quarantined for three days before they are checked in.
No donations are being accepted at this time. Please do not place them in the return bins, outside or inside the Library.
- Browsing the stacks. Please limit your visit to 30 minutes maximum.
- Checking out items (Please use the self-check app or self-check computers)
- Logging into your account to pay late fees and lost materials with your credit card. Staff will not be handling cash at this time.
- WIFI access
- Public computer workstations (May be used for up to 60 minutes only)
- Printing, scanning, faxing, and photocopying. Please bring exact change. Staff will not be making change or handling cash.
- Museum passes (Please check with the museum prior to your visit. Further action may be necessary)
What is not available:
- Study rooms
- Meeting rooms
- Children's play area
- Local history collection
- Restrooms. Please plan your visit accordingly.
Health & Safety Practices
All patrons entering the library will be required to do the following:
- Wear face coverings covering their nose and mouth at all times inside the Library
- Use remote services – phone, email, and curbside –if you cannot wear face coverings for medical reasons.
- Sanitize hands upon entering and complete the contact tracing form
- Practice social distancing
- Please remember to maintain a distance of at least six feet away from other patrons and staff
All programming will continue to be either virtual or take-and-make kits.
If you have any questions, please contact the Franklin Public Library at 508-520-4941 or at email@example.com .