Completed DS-11 applications (black ink only) are reviewed/accepted, by appointment only, during the following days and times:
Tuesday: 8:30am - 11:45am
Wednesday: 8:30am - 4:45pm
Thursday: 8:30am - 11:45am
355 East Central Street, 1st Floor
Franklin, MA 02038
The Department of State has designated the Town of Franklin as an official Passport Application Acceptance Facility. The Town of Franklin provides this service to our community and the surrounding communities. Thank you for choosing the Town of Franklin for Passport services.
- DS-11 applications are reviewed/accepted by APPOINTMENT ONLY for NEW (adult & minor) and "renewal" ONLY for Minors. Find downloadable forms along with travel warnings and more at the U.S. Department of State’s Travel website. Forms are also available at the municipal building directly outside the passport office. We CANNOT review applications on a drop-in basis.
- SMILE - Passport Photos on site. Need just the photo for a renewal? Need photos to complete the DS-11 process? Call or email to schedule an appointment.
- Wish to schedule an appointment? Call 508-553-4890 or email email@example.com. Voicemails and emails are responded to on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
- Need a list of what you'll need for the appointment? Tipsheet
- Fees are only payable by check (personal, money order or bank check). The passport fee is payable to the: U.S. Department of State. The passport acceptance fee of $35 is payable to the: Town of Franklin. A family or group with multiple applications can combine the fees to allow for two (2) checks. Passport Fees
- Adults with a 10-year passport (either valid or expired less than 5 years) are required to self renew by mail instead of appearing in person. Additonal information: Renewal
Looking for additional Acceptance Facility locations? Acceptance Facility Search Tool.
Processing Times? Routine processing: 8 - 11 weeks. Expedited processing (for an additional $60 fee): 5 -7 weeks. Optional 1-2 Day return delivery service (for an additional $18.32 fee) Note: processing times begin when the U.S. Department of State receives the application, not the day one applies at a passport acceptance facility (processing times as of December 15, 2021).
Have you lost or had your U.S. Passport stolen? Click Here.
Looking for the status of your submitted application? Click Here.
Need a passport in less than 5 weeks? Call the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778 from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm ET, Monday through Friday. Or visit Get My passport fast