May 12, 2020
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Franklin, Massachusetts: On Friday May 8th, 2020 at approximately 8:00 AM the Franklin Police Department, working in cooperation with Homeland Security Investigations, Boston Police, Milton Police, and the Massachusetts State Police executed a search warrant on Brookview Road, in the Town of Franklin. This warrant was the result of an investigation which covered several months.
During the execution of the search warrant, the primary suspect in the investigation, Alan PENNINGTON, of 32 Brookview Road, Franklin, Massachusetts attempted to evade arrest after police officers identified themselves. PENNINGTON rammed the vehicle he was operating into several police vehicles, attempted to strike officers on foot, struck mailboxes, and finally came to a stop after hitting another parked vehicle. At this time, he was ordered out of the vehicle and taken into custody by Franklin Police detectives.
As a result of this investigation and the search warrant executed on the property many pills, believed to be fentanyl with an estimated street value of over $15,000 were recovered. Additionally, approximately $100,000 in cash, and other items were seized.
Pennington was taken into custody and transported to the Franklin Police Department and was charged with the following offenses:
1. M.G.L. Chapter 94C Section 32E - Drug Trafficking (Suspected Class A Substance - Fentanyl)
2. M.G.L. Chapter 94C Section 32 - Possess with Intent to Distribute (Suspected Class A substance - Fentanyl)
3. M.G.L Chapter 94C Section 40 - Conspiracy
4. M.G.L. Chapter 90 Section 24 - Operating to Endanger
5. M.G.L. Chapter 90 Section 25 - Fail to Stop for Police
6. M.G.L. Chapter 266 Section 126A - Malicious Destruction of Property (8 counts)
7. M.G.L. Chapter 265 Section 13D - Assault and Battery on a Police Officer (5 counts)
8. M.G.L. Chapter 265 Section 15A - Assault and Battery Dangerous Weapon to Wit Vehicle (5 counts)
Also arrested during this incident was Shane CLINTON, of 103 N. Main Street, Woonsocket, RI. He was taken into custody at the scene and charged with the following:
- M.G.L. Chapter 90 Section 10 - Unlicensed Operation
- M.G.L. Chapter 94C Section 40 – Conspiracy
Both men were booked, and then subsequently transported from the Franklin Police Department to the Norfolk County House of Correction in Dedham, Massachusetts for arraignment by the Wrentham District Court.
Franklin Chief of Police Thomas J. Lynch stated “The work done by Franklin Police detectives and our law enforcement partners show the value of interagency cooperation. As a result of this investigation dangerous drugs were taken off the street and did not reach our neighborhoods.”
Additionally, Lynch added “I am immensely proud of the hard work by all the officers and investigators involved in bringing this case forward. They bring credit to the police profession, and this type of work continues to improve the quality of life for the residents of the Town of Franklin and all other communities.”
Pending charges represent accusations; all defendants are presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt under the United States Constitution.