Every Vote Counts!! Click here for more information.
Register to Vote
You may submit an application to register or pre-register to vote in Massachusetts if:
- You are a citizen of the United States; and
- You are 16 years old; and
- You are not currently incarcerated by reason of a felony conviction.
If you meet the above requirements, you may apply online, by mail, or in-person.
Visit Town Clerk's Office and fill out a voter registration form or Register To Vote
You may choose to register in a state political party or choose a political designation that will only allow you to receive the ballot of the selected party, and affects your ability to run for office.
Registration Deadline: 20 days before an election or State Primary.
- The polls are open on election day from 6 am to 8 pm for town and state elections at the Franklin High School on Oak St.
- At the Check-In table tell the poll worker your name first, followed by your street number and name.
- If your name does not appear on the list the poll worker will send you to the Town Clerk's table.
- To cast your vote in Franklin follow the voting instructions by filling in the dot next to the name you wish to vote for. If you need assistance, you may bring someone to assist you or ask a poll worker to provide confidential, non-partisan help.
- Obtain your absentee ballot from the Town Clerk before 12 noon the day before an election. Absentee ballots are generally available up to three weeks before an election. Absentee Ballot Request form.
- Application for absentee ballots may be submitted in-person at the Town Clerk's Office, by mail, or email. If a voter submits the application in-person he may obtain the ballot and vote over-the -counter (if available). Otherwise, the ballot is sent by mail.
- Members of the same household may request absentee ballots and must be 18 years of age.
- Return of ballots Must be received in the Town Clerks Office before the polls close to be counted. Ballots are Not Accepted at the polls. Click here or ask the Town Clerk's Office for more information.
- Early Voting is only available for biennial state elections.