A Veteran ID Card (VIC) is a form of photo ID you can use to get discounts offered to Veterans at many restaurants, hotels, stores and other businesses.
Please note: Retail vendors volunteer to take part in this discount program. If a business decides to provide discounts to Veterans, it doesn't mean we're recommending or favoring that business.
Am I eligibile for a Veteran ID Card?
You may be eligible if you meet of both of the requirements listed below:
Both of these must be true. You:
- Served on active duty, in the Reserves or in the National Guard (including the Coast Guard) and
- Received an honorable or general discharge (under honorable condtions)
You'll need to provide a copy of your discharge papers when you apply for a VIC to prove your character of discharge.
How do I apply for a Veteran ID Card?
You can apply online by going to www.va.gov and following the instructions.
When you apply, be sure to have these on hand:
- Your Social Security number
- A digital copy of your DD214, DD256, DD257 or NGB22 that you can upload. This could be in a pdf, jpeg or png file format.
- A copy of a current and valid government-issued ID, such as a driver's license, passport, or state-issued identification card.
- You'll also need a current digital color photo of yourself from the shoulders up, uploaded as a jpeg, png, bmp or tiff file.No head coverings or headphones and show you with your eyes open. Photo must be square and have a white or plain color background.
- A mobile device on which you can receive emails or text messages.
- Your email address and log-in information (password associated with that email address)
What hapens after I apply for a Veteran ID Card?
Once you've submitted your VIC application, we'll verify your eligibility and send you an email letting you know the status of your application.
How do I check the staus of my application after I've applied?
You can sign in to your online AccessVA account to check the status of your VIC application.
What if I have questions or need help with my application?
If you have questions or need help, please send us an email at:
email@example.com or call the Franklin Veterans Service Office at: