Chair of Honor Tour of Franklin Public Buildings
In conjunction with the Massachusetts Department of Veterans' Services:
- assist veterans and their dependants in determining eligibility for benefits and financial assistance
- applications for state sponsored benefits are completed, filed and maintained
- in-home visits are made to veterans who are disabled and in need of assistance with required paperwork to complete applications such as income information and verification, pension receipts, rent receipts, verification of dependants, etc.
- a friendly ear is provided for veterans that come in and only need someone to talk to
In conjunction with the Massachusetts Division of Employment and Training (DET), we provide information to unemployed veterans related to job search, workshops, seminars and training opportunities.
In conjunction with the Franklin Department of Human Services or the US Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Centers, we arrange medical appointments and transportation.
In conjunction with the US Department of Veterans Affairs and local funeral directors:
- coordinate reimbursement of funeral expenses and interment in national cemeteries for deceased veterans.
- provide burial flags, headstones or markers
In conjunction with the US Department of Veterans Affairs we assist the veteran with retrieving or revising their military records.
|Dale Kurtz||Veteran's Agent at Senior Center|