The Department of Veterans’ Services offers assistance to any person who has served the country in the United States Armed Forces and who may be entitled to receive benefits from either local, state or federal agencies. The Department of Veterans’ Services is a state mandated office that provides information and services to veterans, their spouses and dependents.
Our goal is to provide services with the dignity and respect our veterans have earned through their service to our country.
In conjunction with the Massachusetts Department of Veterans’ Services, we assist Franklin veterans with the following:
▪ Medical, housing, education and financial assistance
▪ In-home visits to veterans who are disabled and need assistance completing required paperwork to complete applications
▪ Community resources
▪ Job search, workshops, seminars and employment training opportunities
▪ Transportation to medical appointments and veterans’ facilities
▪ Retrieving military records
▪ Obtaining burial flags, headstones and grave markers as well as reimbursement of expenses for interment in national veterans’ cemeteries
▪ A friendly ear is provided to veterans who come in and only need someone to talk to
|Dale Kurtz||Veterans' Services Officer|